Monday, January 16, 2006

Lotus Elise Series 1

So, I finally got my rear wheel drive toy. It was an example too good to turn down. I found it on a forecourt in essex, negotiated a fair price (3 grand below asking price) and the rest is history.

As you can see it's a 1998 S Reg in Norfolk Mustard Yellow. Absolutely standard and in immaculate condition. Has had 2 previous owners covering a grand total of 9700 miles, has full lotus service history and by the look of it - dry weather use only. It only has 118bhp but manages to pull it to 60 in 5.5secs. The power delivery is nice and torquey and pulls right from idle, with good pick up in all gears, without relying on any vvt-i stuff. Up top it is fairly typical of any 16v engine, coming well up on cam around 5500rpm, and builds up to an aggressive roar just before the rev limiter.

^ An artistic photo for Butch ^

^ The rear wheels are actually wider than the front ^

^ Ferrari F50-like swoops ^

^ A moody inside night shot ^

^ unmarked 16" alloys, calipers with Lotus engraved on them ^

I'm unable to report on the handling as yet, as it has rained every flippin day since I've had it. As soon as I get a dry day to 'play' on the lanes, I'll pop a little post on about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home