Saturday, January 07, 2006

Young Mr Butcher's Paintings

These are a few paintings hanging in Butch's gallery that is his house. Most of his paintings aren't exactly instantly recognisable as to what they are - to me at least. So I stare and stare desparately trying not to do him the injustice of asking "but what is it?". Because I know that once he has told me what it is, I will not only instantly see what it is but also be overwhelmed by a sense of guilt and stupidity for not recognising it n the first place.

The picture below is a prime example of what I mean. See if you can see what it is - I'll tell you after the fourth picture (that Laura finds scary). It's not a great photo to be honest.



The yellowy picture is of someone playing the drums - the black shape is a silouhette of the drummer's head. Genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home