Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Elbow

On 06/09/05 Butch invited me to an Elbow gig at a venue in London. At first I declined the invitation, because it's not really my thing. A few minutes later, I called Butch back and accepted the invitation as I thought I ought to broaden my horizons.

I rented a car from work to drive down in, as we were all reluctant to leave our beloved automobiles parked in London, more specifically Camden. I picked Butch and his workmate Lee up from Hertford at around 18:30 and we began our journey.

Butch called shotgun (as always), and Lee sat nervously in the back. Lee isn't the best passenger. Not being the best passenger myself, I empathised with Lee and drove calmly.... for a few minutes at least. Butch is pretty much immune to the typically swift nature of my driving and declared his boredom after a few miles down the road. At this point I speed up a tad, and listen to Lee squeal as he endures a combination of late braking and lateral G, oh and the sound of the rev limiter with overtones of Butch giggling the whole time.

We find this particularly amusing when we consider that Lee drives a comparitively rapid EVO 5 and we were in a 1.25 litre Ford Fiesta! Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed my first gig, and look forward to the Nizlopi one, coming soon.....

^ A dwarf-like-guitar-playing version of Butcher ^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home