Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Stig

Chatting to one of my more interesting customers the other day, I discovered we had a mutual interest in cars. He went on to explain he was friends with Perry McCarthy, AKA The Stig - or the first stig at least. He went on to describe at length how he'd been given various tuition sessions with the almighty. He returned his car to Enterprise and asked if on the way back to the garage if we could stop by his house. I was curious, but obliged anyway. He presented me with a signed copy of Flat Out, Flat Broke by Perry McCarthy - hard back and everything!

I'm predicting that this is seriously in danger of becoming the second book I've ever read - I'm up to chapter three already and it's looking good. So far we've established that he was about as troublesome as me during his adolescence - no really. Here's a picture of the sumptuous dinner Laura prepared for me tonight. Sorry - that was a bit random.

1 Comments:

Blogger Test said...

"I'm predicting that this is seriously in danger of becoming the second book of ever read"

Wow, and you know what, you'd never know it from your English.................................
:D




just kidding.

Looking at the signature photo at first it looked like it had been signed by Penny Mallory (bird presenter off Channel 4's Driven) and I was confused...

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home